D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 12-11-2021, 09:13 AM

Default diesel leak .cold start

hi all just asking how big a job is it to fix a diesel leak on my D24 1995 im sure its coming from the cold start spindle that goes into the pump ive had a mirror under this area with a head lamp i dried the whole area last night and its wet again this morning ,its the highest point where i can see diesel leak ,
take it there a Oring behind the cold start device spindle 'how big is this job to attempt myself ?
regards jim
Old 12-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Supporting Member

My answer is going to be the same as when you posed the same question earlier this year. In fact, here is the post:

https://d24t.com/showpost.php?p=14632&postcount=40
Old 12-12-2021, 09:31 AM

Default diesel leak on cold start

thanks for the information NGOMA, the leak has stopped again but no dout it will come back the cold weather does not help .
i looked at tom bryants write up and photos . seems there are 2 O rings one small and a larger one behind the cold start back plate as he says its critical to remove and replace the cold start in the exact same position as it comes off the pump , as its just these O rings I may try and do it myself ,do you know the part numbers of this service kit as my car is a 1995 D24 auto there can't be lots of options i hope
regards JIM
Old 12-12-2021, 10:44 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpliddy View Post
its critical to remove and replace the cold start in the exact same position as it comes off the pump
Very good for you to follow that important advice.

Perhaps you did not study the helpful parts table near the end of the IP re-seal howto?

Anyway, it shows

MSC-31959059 for the big one
and
1-460-210-301 (Bosch) for the small one.

Or you could take yours to a local o-ring supply house where they can size them and get you suitable replacements in viton.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:03 PM

Default cold start leak

thanks again for your support NGOMA ,i have dried the area of the leak and it seems to have stopped for now ,but it will come back im sure doing very short runs 5 days a week can't be good for anything the engine just about gets hot then the lever will move again this is just twice a day morning and night i do give the car a good run at weekends so it warms up good and engine runs for 30 minutes or so each trip on weekends