D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Parts for sale

Old 10-01-2020, 05:16 AM

Vehicle: 760GLE
Default D24t & m46+od

Whats the realistic value of a complete rebuilt D24T with 65K miles and the original M46+OD trans? Reason I ask is I have said engine that I rebuilt in 2004 with all new rings/rod/mains (+0.5/std/std), valve job and non-EGR exhaust plus new head bolts that have been final torqued and nozzle assys in the injectors, its had a steady diet of Mobil-1 since the 50K mark and the big honkin' Fram PH-977 filters. New 12V glow-plugs are in the head along with a NON-turbo spec camshaft as the original had a flat vacuum pump lobe. I also went thru the trans & OD but the tail end weeps oil. The issue is the car literally rotted away from the MN winters and the engine has been sitting in dry storage since 2007. The fuel surge tank was also salvaged but the plumbing was misplaced.

My original plan was to do a full-on D24TIC with the correct EU parts conversion to a 96-98 Volvo S90 but they're not easily found and those looking to sell are living a price fantasy land, I don't want to just throw the motor or let it rot so I'm looking to re-home. The engine tips the scales at 496Lbs complete with the alternator & starter, don't know what the M46+OD weighs so if someone were to come up with an acceptable offer they would have to somehow transport from Blaine Minnesota to their destination.

I'm a long-time member of the Brickboard (Badge988 since 2002) and have contributed to the 700/900 FAQ regarding the D24 engines. This was my passion project but now I'm at the point where its become my albatross, with the price differential of gasoline vs diesel and other economic factors its time for a new home... if the price is right.

If you're interested either drop me an email, PM or reply here with general questions, its located in Blaine MN USA