D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2024, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 940 D24TIC
Question M90>ZF22 & electric fan conversion

I have a 940 TDIC from 95 and it has the M90 trans with 1031 3.54 rear.
I know this might sound ridiculous but i want to convert it to auto. Mainly because i want the m90 for another car for D5252T swap, but also because i think the zf is much better combo with a d24.
So im wondering what all i should be worrying about while swapping and what all parts i should have.
We recently did swap from ZF>M46 in my friends car so i have almost everything but some small stuff was lost or given away, also i wasnt there for the whole time so some things i dont know in which order they were. So my main concern is the flexplate. Is there some spacer plates and shims? Can i reuse the manual flyeheel bolts? Do i need a pilot bushing?

Another project im working on is installing a electric 940 cooling fan and to control it i have a hose adapter for a thermoswitch.
Im used to putting it in the lower rad hose but these engines for some reason have the thermostat there��. I have a 80c thermostat and thermoswitch for the fan is 90c on 80c off. Where should i install it? If im thinking straight, cant put it in top hose because it gets hot long before the rest of the engine is hot.

Last edited by Enterprise; 03-31-2024 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Missing question

Tags
clutch, cooling, crankshaft, fan, transmission