D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Performance and aftermarket

Old 01-02-2023, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 1982 245-GL D6, 1982 244-GL D6
Default 293 Injector Nozzles for D24 NA?

I took apart my injectors, sanded the applicable internal parts and replaced the nozzles with new Bosch DN O SD 193. For the most part they work fine, except that I need to get some thinner shims for a few.

Two of the Bosch nozzles produce a thin stream of fuel before/after the pop. Is this an indication that I didn't sand the surfaces correctly or that the nozzles themselves are defective?

Also, I was reading that the 293 Monark Nozzles are a good upgrade for the D24T. Would these have any benefit over the new (made in India) Bosch for a stock D24 NA? If so, would these be correct? https://www.ebay.com/itm/322577672626
Old 01-03-2023, 11:30 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselScout View Post
Two of the Bosch nozzles produce a thin stream of fuel before/after the pop. Is this an indication that I didn't sand the surfaces correctly or that the nozzles themselves are defective?
Possibly yes answer to either or both. A probable third reason is dirt or other foreign material.

You can swap the nozzles around to other housings to see if the problem follows the nozzles or stays with the housings and related bits.

New nozzles?
Did you keep all the parts from each injector together during the rebuild process?
What method did you use to lap the surfaces? How aggressively?
Cleaning methods?

A good test for nozzles pre-installation is to (everything wet with clean fuel) hold the nozzle at 45deg. from vertical and barely place the needle into the hole. It should drop to the bottom, just of its own weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselScout View Post
Also, I was reading that the 293 Monark Nozzles are a good upgrade for the D24T. Would these have any benefit over the new (made in India) Bosch for a stock D24 NA? If so, would these be correct? https://www.ebay.com/itm/322577672626
Monark 293 sounds familiar. I may have used them several years ago. For sure they were Monark, not sure they were 293? Info probably still here on the forum but I don't have time to look for it now.

At that time, they appeared to be of good quality, and performed well. No way for me to know if they were an improvement or otherwise as they went into a (new to me) engine I had no knowledge of its history and so therefore could not make comparisons.

That was several years ago and who knows what the Monark nozzle quality is currently?

Tags
diesel fuel, injector, nozzle