View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Prices of injector rebuild or complete injectors

This topic is always interesting. Sooner or later, all of us will end up needing injectors checked and/or rebuilt....

I would like to ask a few questions here:

If I send my injectors in for a rebuild, what is the fair price (or the fair price range) to pay and get one of my injectors (or a set of 6) rebuilt by someone who knows what he is doing (and obviously equipped with proper testing tools...)? Please tell what is the average price that is acceptable/common to pay TO GET THEM REBUILT.

What is the fair price to buy a complete injector (new/properly rebuilt and with proper nozzles) for these d24/d24t cars (or a set of 6) WITHOUT SENDING MY own injectors in AND/OR without sending my own injectors in as a CORE/exchange item?
Basically what is the price of one `new/rebuilt` COMPLETE INJECTOR or a set of six!

I have a multiple sets of these injectors and I would like to get about two or three sets rebuilt. Some of them are sets from nonturbo d24 engines and others are from my turbodiesel d24t engines.
I am sure the d24-d24t engines use the same injector-body but do they also use the same or similar nozzles? Basically, are these d24 and d24t injectors interchangable? Can they run with each others` injectors?

Can the d24 run well with d24t injectors?
Can the d24t run well with d24 injectors? ( I doubt it but I hope so.)

I have rebuilt d24 nonturbo injectors from a great runner d24 n/a car, can they be used in the d24T engine safely and efficiently?
(Will the d24t run well with d24 injectors?)

4. d24 and d24t injectors are both calibrated to 155 bars?
(Is it possible that my d24 nonturbo injectors were set to 155 bars?)
If there`s a difference between the d24 d24t injectors then what exactly it is? can it be `internally swapped` or somehow reset?

5. can we use injectors from the good old vw diesel family such as the old 1.6 or the turbo1.6 rabbit jetta etc injectors then replace their nozzles to what our d24 and d24t engines need? How much are those injectors if available new? Are they available new?

Is it worth rebuilding what I have or simply I should just get injectors and replace the nozzles then calibrate them? Some of my used injectors have seepage at the two side nipples that wont be good news at/for the rebuilder. How do they fix that, is it fixable (nipple sunk in downward and is somewhat loose)?

Please let me know what is okay and what is not okay to pay for the rebuilder and what are the prices of `new rebuilt complete units` --if even available.

Thanks for the answers!

Last edited by RedArrow; 05-07-2022 at 07:41 PM.