View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 07:57 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanW View Post
So after driving for about 1 week one of the injector hardlines developed a crack in it near the union nut.
WATCH OUT! The hardlines need ALL the clamps in place, and in good condition. Otherwise the hardlines are more prone to breaking from the vibration. Also, they do not seem to like the "time the IP by rotating it" method-- it stresses them too much at the ends. ALSO: DONT OVERtorque the union nuts-- 18 lb-ft is the spec, no reefing on those!

Quote:
I took off the cracked line and another one to get access to the cracked one and attempted to fix the cracked line.
How do you fix a cracked hardline? I didn't think it was possible. Sees over 2,000 PSI. Be careful, fuel ejecting from a broken hardline is under high pressure and can break/emter skin, often requiring amputation no joke.

Quote:
When I put the lines back on it doesn't want to start. I also decided to check the IP timing and found it was at 1.1mm at TDC. This seemed really high so I set it down to around .85mm. Also how long does it take to bleed air out of the lines?
Did you check with the cold start mechanism disabled?
Can take several minutes cranking. Best to have the battery charger hooked up. Do not burn up the starter. 10 sec. crank, 20 sec cooldown, 10 sec. crank, etc.
But in your case looks like you only opened 2 hardlines? Shouldn't take too long for the engine to at least start, may run rough at first.