View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 11:04 PM

Vehicle: VW LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
What is the indication for this? Actual fault? Leaking seals? High mileage? Sat extended period? Run on veg. oil?

Otherwise, unless the shop and technician is confirmed experts with verifiable recent track record, opening up the IP can create more problems that didn't previously exist.
No actual fault, but definitely high mileage and extended period of time sitting. I also suspect leaky seals given some stains at the back of the pump, and one of the fuel line "nozzles" (not sure what the word is for those) is a bit wobbly when tightening the fuel line to it.

I was also considering just using it as-is, but with everything else being in like-new state, I didn't want a pump leaking on me after the first few thousand miles. I surely hope the shop I brought it to will do a proper job. They are a Bosch certified diesel service center and every other shop where I live pointed me to them. Crossing fingers 🤞

In any case thank you for the hint, now I know they can still mess it up and I'll be on the lookout for problems.