View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Owner/admin

Update with a couple pics, I modified a remote oil filer mount to thread directly on to the bock where the normal mount goes. This way I can run hoses to the cooler and remote mount the filter. I had been thinking to myself how much easier things would be if that stupid ass cast mount wasn't right there, and if I could just have fittings and oil hoses... Then a pciture popped into my mind out of the green book, showing the block assmebly for a D24, it has the oil filter screwed right to the side of the block. We have remote mount oil filter heads at work that a D24T oil filter screws on to, so I knew the bolt that holds the stock cast mount on isn't some strange thread. I brought one home and bingo! Trying to get the area less clutered since the turbo, waste gate, and intercooler piping are all smashed up against the oil filter and related mount assembly. Also, this will give more room for the planned T66 turbo upgrade. With the current setup, there is no room for anything any bigger, as the waste gate canister already touches the mount. Not sure where I'm going to mount the filter yet, but thats not a big concern. Also, I modified the Cat fuel filter mounting head to bolt down to the factory fuel filter mount plate. Looks very factory and hugs the block nice and tight, exactly what I was looking for. Water pump should be here tomorrow, I ended up buying the "cardone select" pump from rockauto, as they were out of Bosch pumps and it wouldn't even let me order it, maybe they dropped them? Tom Bryant checked out a bunch of available water pumps, and as I remember the cardone one had the stock style impeller and was overall good quality, thought the impeller is plastic. At this point, I think I would rather have the stock style impeller made of thick plastic than the crap stamped steel one like the GMB pumps. Theres no way that flows as much water, especially with how the water pumps inlet isn't very tight to the pump impeller, since the water pump is adjustable. Plan to take the engine and trans out Monday!

Is the block squeeky clean or what!!?? I know your jelous!!! Gotta brag a little, even though most of my friends think I'm totally retarted taking this thing to this level.... If I'm bothering to do this much damn work, its gonna at least look good, and who knows, a diesel power challange for cars comming up perhaps??? No ones engine is going to touch how fresh my setup is going to look!
Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!