View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

If you must drive car with that leak present (savings account attacked by wife) then at least fabricate a sensor into your overflow/expansion tank to alert you immediately* when a hose decides to call it quits. It`s not always a slow leak. Driving on highway it`s almost impossible to notice when/if a hose breaks. By the time we see that very fishy temp-gauge jump up (-if it still functions at all-)...it is already much too late. What a terrible feeling. The remaining coolant boils up Superfast and you guess what happens. I almost had that. A level-sensor is such a great thing to have. I wish i had it!
I`ve been constantly planning installing one too... a great brick-life insurance it is. Always handy,even when all your hoses are new. A must have. Mr Volvo unfortunately was cheap to include it in the package in exchange we got leaky sunroofs, radiators with brittle Plastic nipples, biodegradable wiring harnesses, sagging headliners and fancy electric antennas that dont work 99percent of the time. :O)) !

Last edited by RedArrow; 02-05-2017 at 04:01 PM.