View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 PM

OK I found my picture though its not a lot of help. The clips must have been in another car, another clutch.
Essentially the bearing fits in an ovalized hole in the arm. There are 2 flats on the bearing body. When the arm and the bearing are both on the sleeve thats around the shaft, inside the bellhousing, its a bit more obvious.

The sleeve keeps the bearing properly oriented against the clutch and it should be lightly greased and it stays in place The arm bulges in the middle of the ovalized arm hole push against the back side of the larger diameter portion of the throwout bearing and the flats of the bearing engage in the ovalized hole so the body of the bearing cannot rotate. The bearing just sits there. Its a very nice fit on the sleeve. The clutch itself keeps the bearing in place inside that ovalized hole, with the requisite play of course.

There is a wire spring that goes around the ball pivot that the arm bears against.
This keeps the arm from floating around and separating from the ball pivot bolt.
The 2 flats on the bearing keep the arm in the correct plane so it sticks out through the hole in the bellhousing where a rubber boot seals it off.

I can scan what I have on monday and send a pdf.

Hope this helps

Steve