View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 05:27 AM

Vehicle: 1995 940 S TD

Thanks, as I only need two will probably use a couple of regular 6 mm studs and space them out on the right hand side of the head (highside)

So, I have ordered the green book, thanks again.

Thought I have done enough research to check and adjust the IP timing, but am wondering where I have gone wrong .....don't worry not adjusted anything yet

Have put my own TDC mark on the crankshaft pulley, corresponding to the V mark on the IP and the TDC mark on the flywheel firing on #1 (as per the loosening of the vacuum pump) Had to take the vp off in any case as the dial gauge extension is short

Having zero'd the dial on TDC and 1 on the small dial, on turning the engine round clockwise the dial turns 1.55 revs to just over 2.5 on the small dial

I was expecting just about 1 rev, what am I missing ???

The v on the IP looks slightly past the pump mark

I have released the grub screw to release the spacer on the cold start cable, leaving well alone the 10mm nut on the end. There was a fair degree of tension on the cable, so warmed up the front end of the unit where the two water hoses are connected with a light gas torch enough for the unit to warm up and release the tension and spacer

Last edited by Jimarilo; 09-16-2022 at 05:31 AM.