View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 03 vw tdi, 98 vw tdi x 2, 99 isuzu npr, 3x03 disco, 89 , 95 range rover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bryant View Post
There's a much easier way to do this. There is (or should be) a collar crimped onto the fuel limiter screw ("smoke screw" in your terms). And there is a lock nut not far from that collar. Usually there is about one turn (often less) between the collar and the lock nut. Normally, I simply loosen the lock nut, then remove the limiter screw. Later, just install the limiter screw back in the same position. But, if you want to be more precise, you can count the number of turns (or "flats") between the collar and the lock nut.

Tom Bryant
Ive followed your detailed pump overhaul blog.

Regarding the relationship between the fuel limiter screw and idle speed at idle under load my issue is that i get a gray black haze at idle with ac on, ac off and the smoke lessens. The engine is in a conversion and idles around 900rpm in drive ac off. l When i snap the throttle in neutral there is no delay or engine rpm hangup coming back to idle. The crimp collar is still there so its setting is within 1/2 turn of the locknut.

Is this a fueling issue injector wise or does the fuel limiter screw needs backing out with the corresponding idle restored with the idle screw?