View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 AM

I adjusted the main fuel screw with the anaroid/LDA disconnected until there was just a wisp of smoke. Turning this down a bit raised my EGT to 1100f. Then i connected the LDA. I backed the top screw out(so far i lost it, anyone know the thread size?) so there is not off boost extra fuel. I rotated the plunger/rod for minimum fuel. Then i adjusted the spring underneath so the additional fuel kick in at the right time. This resulted in the star wheel being up most of the way...i compress the spring when i put the top on the LDA. Then i rotated the diaphram for a little more fuel when on bost.
This is the best i have ever had it running. I can accelerate up hills now, but not like my STI of course.
I have new VDO boost and EGT gauges. The peek boost now is right around 10psi, which suprises me for such a tiny turbo.
Where i am at now, this seems to be the most power i can extract with little smoke. Remember, i am in Denver and go up from here. Also the Pinz is about 7000 pounds.
This all sound abut right? If so, i suspect my two options for more power are a bigger turbo(i have the fuel capacity) and/or a custom grind cam shaft.

Thanks for all the info so far gents, i wouldnt be this far along without your assistance!

We need a dancing bannana emoticon..the Ford Raptor forum has them and my buddies are giving me grief. (Dancing bananna goes here)