View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 06:16 AM

Default d24 & M-46, need a new home

New member here, Oklahoma City, OK - hello all.

I recently bought a very nice '82 240 wagon, diesel (non-turbo, of course) with an M-46 transmission.

In the near future (hopefully), I will be pulling the engine & transmission & converting it to Chevrolet V8 power.

I think I know the perils of admitting to that decision on a volvo diesel forum, but I'm still prepared to take some abuse. :-) The car will otherwise stay original, and tasteful; think "mild" not "wild".

The reason I am posting here is that the engine & transmission seem to be in decent shape, and I would really prefer that they are not simply scrapped.

The car has about 185k miles, starts easily, but perhaps idles a little high (tach doesn't work). Transmission shifts just fine, though the electronic overdrive can be temperamental (doesn't always engage). I've driven the car for a few weeks now, & will still do so while I source my engine swap - so mileage may well go up a little (but not much).

For any interested parties, I'd be happy to send video of the motor running, just message me with your email address & I'll get a little phone video taken & send it on.

As far as price, I'm very flexible - or wait to make me an offer once you've seen & heard it run. I'd just really rather not throw the engine / trans into a junker car (not a volvo!) that I plan to pull across the scales (it is heavy though, eh?)

So, diesel fans - step up & give this running d24 a home, please.

I have NOT pulled the motor yet, and also do not have an exact date for the "surgery" so please let me know your desired timeframe when you email. If I need to store the engine for a little while, that can probably also be arranged.

Thanks,

Mark