View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Default cams and heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Its supposed to make more power... I'm going to get one and take some real measurements on it. I think the difference was in duration though, but all I have really heard has mostly been generic stuff like "the NA cam is better". I haven't found any concrete info or actual specs anywhere.

Jason
The reason I ask is because I have 2 spare d24 engines for my NA D24. One is supposed to be good, well maintained with less than 90k when it was pulled, the other is a 'gentle puffer' with 160K but supposedly starts and runs and supposedly was never overheated. My thought was that if the NA cam indeed had more lift and more power, I have the ability to make that happen. I'd guess that ARP studs might be a good idea, as longer intake duration would increase the effective compression and raise EGT, even absent any messing with the waste gate settings.

On another note, I have heard that these heads cannot be milled if they are warped, as the camshaft bearing surface is thus warped as well. You spoke of a milled head- please tell me exactly what you had done to it?