View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Slobodan

I started off my Intercooler setup with the Gas Audi 5000 Turbo Intercooler, It was allright better than None. I didn't like it or the piping. So I next tried the 240 Turbo intercooler flipped it up side down, and used alot of piping. results slightly lower boost. more boost drop, slightly cooler enging temps. then I tried out the SAAB 9000 Turbo intercooler I saw a better design in the core and end tanks. noticed a bit of performance increase with that..... Then I decided that I was wanting to clean up my setup. Lets just do it right?

I saved up some money, and bought an Ebay same side IC 2.5 in and outs. 3.5 core thickness with a 6x18 lxw.. Mounted it, and reinstalled the stock turbo. WOW huge difference. much more torque with virtually zero pressure drop from this IC.

And For piping, Its pretty simple. Allthough, I would like to get all 2.5 inch pipings. Hot side is two SAAB 900 IC pipes mated together, then another SAAB pipe with a transition coupler to IC.

Cold side misc 850 turbo piping with a 90 coupler and then I transitions to the N/A manifold.