View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 1982 245-GL D6, 1982 244-GL D6
Default D24 Won't Start after Replacing Injection Pump

I recently replaced my injection pump after having it rebuilt into my '82 244 D24.

After timing the pump to .84mm and priming the pump and fuel filter (new filter) with Diesel and Liqui Moli Diesel Purge, the engine started but would stall at around idle.

The engine would run around 1000rpm and above but it produced dense white smoke.

After a while of letting it run, I let off the accelerator and it stalled with a cracking sound from the engine bay. Upon inspection, I didn't see anything broken. I did however, notice that the starter was smoking and that I had a couple of melted red wires below the battery tray, leading to another item with a pulley/belt (unsure of what it is)

The engine has not started since. It cranks, but it feels as if no fuel is getting to the engine. I double checked my timing, replaced the Pump Solenoid and verified that it was receiving power.

The other month, prior to replacing the pump, the car was in fine shape and my mechanic said the compression, injectors and glow plugs were a-ok.

Thoughts?