View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: Volvo 240
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Wow! Missing spring would cause erratic injection behavior for sure! How long was it like that? Was it intermittent?

Job well done.
It must have been like that for over 6 months but lately it got so bad that I had to investigate. Before the job the engine shook so much that you could see the entire car shaking from behind and the gear shifter jumped around a stupid amount.
Now the gear shifter stays almost completely still and I can't feel the engine running when inside the car

I'm amazed by the torque I have now because I can easily take off in 2 gear without any throttle. I instantly noticed a massive improvement in city driving because now I don't have to down shift nearly as much.

I was just driving home and I didn't even notice my rpms were at 1000 in 4th gear when turning and the car didn't start shaking at all. Before I would have instantly noticed the crazy vibrations when rpms fell below 1500 and be forced to down shift into 3.

The advice definitely helped a good bit in finding the issue. It was definitely delivery valve related but not in the way I was expecting at all haha