Thread: 1982 244 gl
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 1982 Volvo 240 GL

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The body has a few small rust spots that I would like to get potentially repainted but I don't want to ruin the cool pinstripe that goes across the side (I guess that could be redone as well though). It would be smart to get it repainted as soon as possible so it doesn't go past surface rust. I will attach some photos unfortunately they will be low quality due to the forum's requirements. I'll be sure to take videos in the future.

I will definitely go through the engine and recheck everything Harry did, but I have no experience with diesel engines so I will either try to find someone experienced in my area or just do a shit ton of research. It currently sits outside (which I hate but don't have much of an option currently) and its becoming winter so it will probably be hard to work on the engine. Also what is a good place to get D24 parts like the air intake hose and filter housing because those are missing (good to know for future parts as well).

I absolutely love the interior color and fell, it fits extremely well like you said. By far my favorite, second being the mocha/brown one. I'm really glad I bought this car even in it's current condition because it's just absolutely stunning and I love looking at it. I am very determined to get it running as soon as possible.

I will also attach an engine pic, its got a lot of surface rust and definitely needs new belts and such but I think it's 100% doable. Again, please refer me to any reliable part sites for these engines or cars in general.

Unfortunately I'm all the way in Chicago but Harry told me you always wanted to help him out but then Covid happened and what not. Thanks again for the replies!