View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: VW LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Good game plan, except I don't understand your suspicion of GPs, as you did not describe anything about hard starting, and GPs would have little effect on the uneven running and misfiring you describe.

What method was used to rebuild/test the injectors?

What method was used to rebuild/test the IP?

What method was used to set/test the IP timing?

What method was used to set the camshaft timing?

Can you track the misfire to a particular cylinder?

After checking IP timing you could perform the procedure: Loosen the injector feed line at each injector successively to see if one or more do not produce a change in idle quality.
Thanks @ngoma for the answer. You might be right about glow plugs, although I haven't mentioned the engine also has a hard time starting when cold. It was the first start ever though, so I am not sure if it would be better on a second attempt (going to do that today).

To your questions:

I bought reconditioned pump and injectors, hence I am not sure what the exact method for reconditioning those was, but both came from reputable sellers.

Camshaft and IP timing were done according to the book and as described in Sticky posts in here too (by yourself it seems! ): https://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1684

I couldn't yet locate misfires to a specific cylinder, that would be my goal today in case I find timing is not the issue. With regards to this, thanks a lot for the tip regarding disconnecting one injector at a time and seeing if it makes a difference, I had not thought about that

Last edited by coconup; 11-08-2022 at 12:01 AM.