View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

Thank you for the quick response. I found a seller that states the silencer he has fits a td 760. There`s one way to figure out, I plan to meet him in person to compare it to the one on the car (will be tricky). Many other websites also happen to list the very same item for the turbo 760 (6cyl gasser)and the turbodiesel d24t 760. I am not sure they used the same part but who knows? It is very hard to figure it all out. I wish it all just fit without tinkering. The car was a gasser originally so maybe it has all the places for a gasser exhaust and any unit will fit? I have no idea yet.

In the meantime I found this for good reference.
https://www.skandix.de/en/installati...01422/2000332/

There`s no 'good piece' of the rotten d24t silencer section piping that is currently on, so I will need to see what to do with a new unit to achieve a good fit. I really do not want to get into having to weld it (that`s partly why I prefer the stock system which should be plug-and-play plus adding clamps at certain factory places.)

None of the resonator/silencer units I found show the straight section that the d24t page displays.
It looks like that the one I removed is probably an original d24t part, judging from the straight section between downpipe and silencer/resonator.