View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 06:42 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764
Default LT cab windshield glass availability?

Perhaps one of the overseas members with better knowledge of the LT truck chassis and body can advise on this.

For a work related project I am in the market for a heavy truck, and one that fits my specs just turned up for sale nearby. It is something I had never heard of before, a Kenworth K300 from the mid 1990s that uses a cab based on the VW LT design and manufactured in Brazil. The mechanical platform shares nothing with the LT, but the interior, body, etc, are identical. A picture of a similar truck is below. As you can see, the front looks just like an LT.

The problem is that the windshield glass in the truck I am looking at needs to be replaced, and none of the dozen or so glass suppliers I have spoken with is able to get a replacement windshield for it. Since the LT was never available here and apparently only very few of these Brazilian cab trucks were sold, I am concerned this could be just one of many parts that will be hard to find for keeping the truck on the road.

Those with LT vans: have you been able to source new windshield glass at any time in the last few years? Is this a part that is hard to find here in US but readily available overseas? Or is it discontinued worldwide?