View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 12:11 AM

Default D24Tic Sump Removal..What a bugger...

I run a 1995 Volvo 940 with the D24Tic. I Have a oil leak from the front of the sump. No worries, just drop the sump and replace the gasket. Bought a genuine gasket from Volvo, got the old girl up on the ramp and started removing the bolts. I undid the engine mount bolts and jacked the engine up a little to allow a bit more room..all was going ok, all bolts removed, inc those round the bottom of the bell housing. Would that bugger come out?? Would it eck as like...It seemed to be held from inside the bell housing. 4 hours outside, my fingers are numb and I decided to shove some RTV sealant in the gap and bolt it all back together. It beat me
Looking on the internet, the petrol engine Volvos have a plate on the bell housing allowing access to some bolts through the flywheel. My one doesn't have this..its all one lump. So I'm back to square one..still leaking oil. I think I have to take out the gearbox but this seems crazy just to remove a sump. Has anyone come across this and can advise me?
Any help much appreciated.
Ian