View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 AM

Wow. ~7.6litres. That is too much, i suggest you right away to go on some workshop and suck some oil away. The engine itself takes 6,2 litres ( 1.368 gallons) oil + filters capacity (notice: Volvos own big oil filter has capacity of 0,5litres (0,132gallons) but if you buy same size sparepart filter like HENGST or one other, cant remember mark, it has only capacity of 0,4litres (0,105gallons) even it has same outer size, there i failed when i always fill to max possible where cranksaft wont hit oil surface on any situation. So i gone and filled as usually but noticed on 11% hill at motor was vibrating, wasnt on too high gear, so i come to decision cranksaft was hitting oil surface, not good. Had to change new oils, since hadnt availability to suck some oil from it. Now works as intendet. So take a look about whats the capacity of filter) and then you can add something below 0,1gallons to help startups.

Jason, i didnt know earlier d24 blocks were softer. That explains why older people talk almost firstly when they see my car, at d24 had poor reputation on 70's and start of 80's until 760 and d24t got presented.
And the problem was just the wearing.