View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 11:32 AM

Some updates:

That high pop injection pressure is not good for the stock turbo really... idles fine, sounds fine but when under load engine does not work well, smokes a lot and seems to have less power. I set injectors back to 160bar with 1mm pump advance, engine now runs fine! no smoke at all once warmed up, and good power delivery.
I did a compression test and found no leaks beetween cylinders, 4bar pressure difference beetween individual cylinders. It starts almost inmediatly, good engine!

Problem i have now is the clutch and maybe flywheel, whining under load and judder in reverse... Valve cover was leaking oil when i bought the truck, but no little oil drips, but an oil squirt! that oil was entering in the clutch housing, trashing the clutch disc(and surely flywheel)completely. I will go to remove gearbox next days...

I have a doubt about the cooling system...what's the correct coolant for this engine? i read some about 50% coolant and water... i filled it with 100% G12 coolant, is there any problem with it?

THANKS

Last edited by Ekus; 03-09-2016 at 11:43 AM.