View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELVOLVO View Post
Well since you guys are wondering. I am the proud new owner of the 1980 264 that was up in Vermont. Funny story which Volvoist already knows some of and rest is for Volvo4life. It is the exact identical twin to your new 264 (volvo4life). I owned that car for close to 15 years but sold it sadly because the body had gotten a bit to far beyond my control. Not to gloat but this car is flawless body wise except for a replacement front fender. When I saw the car for sale I had to have it. If it makes you feel any better Volvo4life. The motor you have in your car is a full rebuild with around 12k in it from an 84 244. The engine in my new 264 is completely original and I am already doing a headgasket timing belt seals etc. Never a dull moment with these old bricks.
You're really the previous owner? That's awesome! I love the car, i've been steadily fixing some minor things on it like the front brakes and an outer tie rod end. The P/S bracket also cracked but I got it welded and it's good again. The engine runs like a top, I love it. Do you happen to remember how old the timing belt might be and I'm assuming the headgasket is fiber? I think it's so cool that I have one of these cars, and this summer I'm going to fix the rust because IMO it's not that bad yet. Glad another D24 guy got that one from vermont!