View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE turbo diesel
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by casioqv View Post
Good luck with your cleaning process! After the cleaning is a good time for all new hoses and a new radiator, especially if you were planning to do it anyway. I'm not sure about hose availability.
Hi Tyler,

Yes I was planning on buying one of those Nissens radiators off eBay as discussed in this forum. I'll need to investigate the hosts in general and check their availability. Perhaps a separate thread is best for this. I'm sure all of the hoses are in need of replacement anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casioqv View Post
Do you have a link to that oil adapter? I really like that idea as a way to add an oil temp gauge to a D24. If you saw my thread on the giant oil cooler I added, I'm now slightly concerned that I'll be over-cooling my oil as the thermostat I used doesn't fully block off flow to the external cooler.
Here is a link to the exact same product and seller I bought mine from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Si...-/400543800040

I needed to debur a few of the internal surfaces of that adapter with a small file. Otherwise it performs as advertised. As mentioned before I opted to buy the D24 double-male oil filter nipple as opposed to cutting the D24T threaded nipple used with the oil cooler. Using the D24 nipple with the adapter's threaded male-female adapter gives a very secure fitting without the need of the OE nipple's nut or using something like Locktite. I'm not sure if I'm describing that well enough.

1985 Volvo 740 GLE turbo diesel