D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 AM

Default Hi I am a newb after some advice

Hi all,

This is a great site and one I am glad I found let me explain,

I do not own a Volvo yet..... My father used to own a peach of a 740GLT but with the 2.3 Petrol in it anyways that not why I am here I live in the UK and am really a Merc entusiast but own a MK1 VW LT35 2.4 D which used the same D24 lump that is installed in your Volvo's. Now as you can iomagine there are limited sites dedicated to the VW LT the one there is I am a member of but there seems to limited tech knowledge when it comes to the engine but this site seems dedicated to in my opinion the best sounding diesel engine to emerage from the late seventies/eighties.

Right down to business the truck currently runs a stock D24 ACL code.

I have just bought a D24T DV code lump with a spare turbo but minus the fuel pump (Which I am told is different from the stock D24??? I was gonna switch this lump straight in.

Then I got offered a whilst looking for a D24T pump all the kit I am told to convert my engine to a D24TIC so I have bought all the bits.

Do I

a: Just convert my ACL D24 engine to run with the D24TIC parts is there a danger to me doing this noting that I am after all three plus points POWER/TORQUE and RELIABILITY

b: Do I just swap the engines over and put the D24T DV engine in to my truck and intercool it

or C: do I mix it up and build the best out of all the parts I have????

I hope one of you guys can assist here.

Like I said I am looking for the best combo of all three as I am sick of how slow the truck is with just the D24 in there.

Are there any other performance mods you guys can recommend I am also itrugued to find out about the oil squirters that are supposedly used in the D24T over the stock D24??

Regards

Simon