View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Tools for the fuel system and valves.

Glad it worked out well and I'm happy to share useful info when I can!

I think it was a good decision to buy the other two tools as well.

The multi-bend 17mm Hazet injector tool is a huge help... and much safer to use than using a regular wrench that always seemed super hard or nearly impossible to fit on&around the hard fuel pipes due to very limited space (especially* at the front of the injection pump!).
If done in a certain order (don't ask, I can't remember , the handy Hazet tool can gently do and undo all of them.

(The different part numbers for the same Hazet tools maybe have to do with the Germany/West-Germany thing (?), I am not sure. )

I have used both versions before and I would say that the 2597 one worked slightly better, I preferred it over the other because it is slightly less chubby/chunky/thick at the open end (it fit better around the 'nut'). Both versions worked well though.

The valve tool is also a nice catch, great to have when you need to get those shims from underneath the camshaft safely. When I needed one, it took me months to find one... I have the Volvo version and the Hazet one too, both work fine there too. They do what they need to do. I have to confess I like the Hazet version better due to its size and bc the handles are made with a larger `curve`. The Volvo tool I have had been used a LOT and the tips need some `sharpening` , I guess.
(Another version of the tool is made for VW by MATRA, part number T10005.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
I think that the 2745 could be a useful tool because it eliminates the lateral moment that one makes when pulling on the handle of a lever.
YES, since I have bought that Mercedes tool, I use it every time. It works well, I use it (gently) on injector pipes and it comes handy at some of the hard-to-reach IP joints (delivery valves), too. It's another Hazet tool with multiple part numbers , often found as a Hazet 4550-1 (W-Germany )
https://www.amazon.com/Hazet-4550-1-.../dp/B001C9VBBU

Joy to have the proper tools when you work on your precious, high-mileage, survivor rarity car, isn`t it?! Wrong tools do more damage than good- this seems extremely true around the d24 engines .

One other thing comes to my mind, please make sure you follow the torque specifications when you work around the injectors (inj into head, with special care where the weak pipes meet the injectors).

Do you already have the Volvo Greenbook Manual series for your car/year/model? Nice to know that these cars still exist in Uruguay, welcome to the d24t forum! Share some pictures when you have the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hazet 4550-1.jpg (14.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vw_matra_t10005.jpg (57.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 01-04-2023 at 07:31 PM.