View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Owner/admin

Well, it finnaly gave up.. I think the head gasket blew. Its blowing coolant from the resivior, and its eating coolant non stop. I was thinking it could be my cap went bad, but upon trying another cap off Alex's car, it just super pressurized the system, the hoses were hard as a rock (kinda suprised the cap didn't bleed off before that??) Cant really complain, it has close to 200k miles on it, and the last 15 thousand or so have been REAL hard thanks to me. 25lbs of boost on stock head bolts! I cant believe it lasted this long. This is just kicking my but to get in gear on the new engine!

Tonight, I beat out the prechambers from my core and and started installing them. I also installed the valve seals. I should get the head totally assembled by tomorrow. I also ordered up a steel head gasket, since our supplier was out of the fiber ones. Vovlo gets 114 bucks for one these days, the guy said it was special order but didn't say it was any problem to get. Once the gasket shows, I can get the head bolted on and start assembling more pieces onto the engine. My goal is to get it to where the motor mounts are on and timing belt installed so all I have to do is swap the injection pump and alternator off the other engine when it comes out. Trans is comming out too to be gone through. I'm also going to get the clutch plate rebuilt, as its slipping the clutch in 3rd and 4th when you shift hard under full boost (even with the worn out engine!). It hasn't been the same since I had to get it on the trailer in 4th gear when the M46 went and that was the only gear I had. I think the clutch spring got superheated and lost some strength. Kinda long winded update, but thats whats been going on. Didn't want everyone to think I forgot about the project! Pictures to come...

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!