View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdturbo

Been awhile since I have posted on here (or any other forum for that matter). I have been really busy moving my business to a bigger shop and getting customer projects finished up.

The rover blew a head gasket a few months back and Jesse (Dieselboy) happened upon a appropriately sized compound twin turbo setup for a d24t. I figured while I had it apart for the head gasket I would port the head, install a MLS gasket, add an intercooler, build a 3" turbo back exhaust, and mount up the compound twin turbos.

Here are the pics.

And the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voOZCAdop7s

Driving impressions so far is that its not much different than it was power wise. The biggest difference is that there is a ton of torque just off idle and I think that is going to help my crawling a lot... no more brake boosting to get over the hairy stuff. There is a ton of potential left in it. It was smoking pretty good before and egts were getting a bit out of control on long grades. With the same pump adjustments as the stock turbo it does not smoke at all and stays very cool. Once its a little more shaken down I will crank the fuel up a good deal more.