View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 05:11 PM

I installed the 80C BEHR even though I can't think of a reasonable mechanism by which it could help. At this point I'd resort to anything that might give me a better chance. As an engineer I know theories are usually missing critical details about reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
If your strategy is high gear and full throttle up a grade then I'm not surprised you're accustomed to watching the temp gauge rise routinely.
My usual strategy is high rpms + full throttle... this is a pretty under-powered car by modern standards and that's what it takes to keep up with traffic and keep my wife from asking me to buy a faster car. I typically drive hard and keep it over 3,000rpm. My feelings are that a properly built and maintained car should easily maintain 100% engine output without overheating... and if a car can't it's cooling system needs to be significantly upgraded.

However, tomorrow morning I'll be shooting for 4000rpm in 1st gear with light throttle if I can manage it safely traffic wise, although I probably have enough power and cooling to do the climb in 2nd.

If you see this soon enough, what are your thoughts on the altitude compensation system on the injector pump? I'll be going high enough to trigger it, and it's operational still. If advanced timing with a hot engine is a problem should I bypass it? My timing is set to the factory 0.85mm.

Last edited by casioqv; 08-24-2013 at 05:26 PM.