View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: Volkswagen LT year 96, fitted with a D24TIC
Default Whats wrong with the Bosch pump?

I am new here but maybe someone can help me, i have installed a D24TIC (originally from a 760 GLE Turbodiesel from 87) into my Volkswagen LT 35 from 96. The engine was running smooth in the Volvo.
I have changed the oil pan and removed alternator and different other Things which is bolted to the engine, but nothing else has been changed or i can write a list No the big problem is that it starts ok after the installment but it dies like 1-2 minutes after??? Every air bubbels are away and i ´have installed a small pump in the tank to help filling with diesel to the pump!! Before when i just installed it it had the same problem, but my friend took of the pump while I was away, I have a orginally LT turbo diesel pump and we tried to start the D24 with this without luck....now I am back with the Bosch TIC 2 pump. I bought the green Volvo book about overhaul of the d24 and have ajusted the pump to 0,9 mm before TDC!! but now i do have a problem more that it starts very badly and kills itself after 1-2 minutes....are there a better way of adjusting the pump than the Volvo manual or what?

Its a really nice project if i suceed as everyone in Denmark hates the old LT's becuase they do have weak engines...thats the reasen that I am going with the Volvo modified LT engine..

I can't find a really good link of adjusting the pump on youtube? any links? Another thing which is bad is that I cant turn the engine on the front because the LT has a good damn big cooler in the way...

Hope somebody knows something and will promise to show Pictures of the car and the engine transfer.. Filip Denmark

ps. by the way the Cold start valve was disconnected when i timed the pump...can the d24 live without the Cold start valve? it is really tricky making it Work in the LT because of bigger cooling hoses and flanges...

Last edited by Filip Nielsen; 09-16-2013 at 12:41 PM.