View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Not everyone has a million dollar rig like you do. Its called cheap fun.

If you can't find any leaks at the radiator, I would expect you have a leaking HG. What the pressure like in the system after you run it around and its up to temp? Its only supposed to be 14lbs. It may have been leaking for a while, but once you start pushing boost through the engine, its going to make the problem worse, or at least more apparent. When the gasket blew on my friends car, it would be fine driving around untill the first time you get into it and make full boost. Then the coolant system would get pressurized and the hoses were so hard they felt like they were about to explode.

Jason
I just got back from a little drive, I went about 10 miles, shot some pics, got a video and noticed the temp started to goto the normal side of 1/2... then i got on it getting on the freeway "20psi" but only through 2nd gear... then took it easy, it got to 4/5 where it usually sits and I started feeling water on my left hand hanging out the door X_X overheating again.... godammit.

pulled into a gas station and it took about 1/2 gallon to fill it up, shit..

im planning on pulling the thermostat out just to keep it as cool as possible since I have a gas radiator....

as for the PSI in the system... zero! I cut a little hole in the top of the resivoir to relieve pressure so that the flimsy hoses dont pop lol, but now that you say that.... im gonna patch the hole and route the hose from the resivoir overflow into the car so I can feel if pressure is getting through.... since the resivoir pipes into the radiator about halfway down... i can see that the boost could be pushing more than half of the water out so it makes itself overheat X_X

please god, i dont wanna have to change the HG on this beast...

Rant Start:

what in the hell is with the design of this radiator X_X you cant even fill an empty system from the resivoir! more air bubbles than you can shake a stick at! why not just keep a typical old style top fill radiator and get rid of the silly tank... its seemed to work for centuries, why reinvent the wheel now?

like I said in an earlier post, I plan on piping in a fill neck in the top hose.... thatll fix that stupid problem.
end rant