View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM

I made it to my house yesterday. Had to coast into my parking spot because it died again (just got lucky twice in a row I guess). I changed the fuel filter yesterday on my lunch break. It started up pretty quick and ran fine yesterday afternoon/evening. This morning it started a little slow but not too bad. I took my daughter to school which is about a 15 min drive with some idling in the parking lot of the school without trouble. It ran just fine. Then I drove for about 35 minutes on the highway and as soon as I turned off the highway when the car was just coasting it died and would not start again. I walked the 1/4 mile to the office and worked for a few hours before borrowing someone's car to drive to O'Reilly to buy a fuel filter. I primed the new filter and put it on and started cranking, and cranking, and cranking. I drained the battery in my desperation to get it started and eventually gave up. Called my wife and a tow truck. Had my wife take me to the other office and the truck towed the Volvo to my house where it sits. Sorry for the long story.

My plan is to disconnect the hose before the filter and gravity feed diesel into the filter to see which side of the filter we are dealing with. I am hoping the problem is before the filter (in the tank or line). I'm not sure an IP rebuild is in the budget for this car -- it was just done 8500 miles ago according to the previous owner.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Brett