View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Supporting Member

Where is your clear line placed? Which way do the bubbles move? What happened when you tried with the fuel filler cap off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
Tightening the hard lines is easy but I have never messed with the injectors. Anything special I need to know before I start wrenching on them?
Yes. DO NOT overtighten them! You're talking about the injector line connectors, right? The injector line connections are easily damaged by overtightening. Torque spec. on the injector line nuts is 18 ft-lbs. If you have a torque wrench, practice on some other nuts or bolts to get a feel for 18 ft-lbs.

More importantly, air ingress via the injector lines is likely not your problem. If they were loose, wouldn't you expect to see fuel leakage during (> 2000PSI fuel pressure there!) operation? My opinion is you are barking up the wrong tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
Also how are the return lines connected to the injector? Mine are covered in some kind cloth looking stuff so I can't see.
Those woven lines work like the Chinese finger trap, i.e., the harder you pull, the tighter it gets. Very difficult to remove them without damaging them. Best method is to slowly work them off the barbs by slipping a small screwdriver under the end and pry up, each side, a little at a time. Unless they are 2-3 weeks new, they are not coming off without damage. Most of us just cut them off above the nipple, and slice off the remaining, taking care not to nick or score the barbs. When installing new, we cut them quite a bit longer than needed, to provide a few on/off encounters during their lifetime before they grow too short. Are yours leaking fuel?