View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 12:18 PM

The D24/D24T oil pans are interchangeable as far as the block is concerned. The dipsticks are mounted in different places, the D24 through the pan, and the D24T through the block. Thus a D24T block and D24 pan you will end up with two dipstick holes. The D24T pan will not fit in a 200 series without modification, due to the oil reservoir's being different shapes, and the D24T pan reservoir sitting too far forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
I would guess it can be done without much trouble -- I'm sure people have done it, I think there is a guy on Turbobricks who did -- but you might end up with either no dipstick or two dipsticks. So it will take a little more work than just bolting it on if you want it to be right.
I am probably the guy on Turbobricks you are referring to. My pan was pre-modified by the previous owner before I purchased the car.

This is the turbo oil drain line cut from a D24T pan, and welded into a D24 pan. In my opinion this is the cleanest way to make the swap. Although it requires both a D24 and D24T pan. Doing it this way on a D24T block you do end up with two dipstick holes, only one of which actually works. I just blocked the other one off.

I hope this info helps!

-Eli