View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Slobodan

Did the head gasket on it. Put a composite 2 notch on there with a reamed out 80 head and N/A cam shaft. The JunkYard head had the shims WAY to tight! I had to loosen them all up ALOT. used ATF to clean the valve seats. man... We hit 700 PSI on one cylinder and the rest were ~500PSI this was before I ran it and DEAD cold outside temp was 30F. but then again, once we got the head on and torqued I put ATF down all the intake ports and rolled the engine over by hand a couple times forwards and backwards with injectors in. Then I took the injectors out poured more ATF down the injector ports and let it set for a couple days, then we turned it over again and let it sit some more. we spun it over a while with the starter to get the excess ATF out and to lube up the valves and get them cleaner checked the valve lash like 3 times during all this and they got looser and looser. this junkyard head decked out perfectly flat. but some of the valves had this junk on them. it seems weird but just needed cleaned.

All in all not bad. Soon I'll have the AFTER video up.