View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 PM

Ok cool... nothing too fancy, just what you'd do to most any diesel. Or most any engine for that matter.

Quote:
4. While the GPs are out, squirt some oil into the holes, to ensure good ring seal for starting after long inactivity period. About a teaspoonfull each. Not too much to hydrolock.
A teaspoon? Seriously? They'll hydrolock on little more than that? Guess I'll have to get used to it being a small engine. I grew up on Airplane engines and big V8's so.... yeah.... guess it makes sense.

And no beefy bat cables? They short-changed them there too? figures.... seems these poor engines just got the shaft their whole production life.... Do they make/ is there an adaptable hi-torque starter, speaking of spinning it fast?

Anders yes I did! Hows it going sir? This is the same hunk of junk w/ the same potential swap(s) (he's actually not that bad, he's just in pieces b/c I dismantled him to paint him. It looked UGLY before...). And I'm familiar with runaways... I have a Detroit! Just didn't know VE pumps were potentially bad about it if they've been sitting. Guess I had to learn though, seems VE pumps lately have been trying to find me! And yes, I agree a D24T+IC & a T5 in a 242 would rock, hence I'm seriously considering it! Decent mileage + Biodiesel capability, space, versatility, and the ability to beat all but the most ridiculous of cars in most any race. And its (euro-style) old-school cool!