View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Wow, this is a very cool setup you've got here. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing your findings.

I was wondering if I could have your help/opinion and the help/opinion of the board regarding a temperature related question.

I have a electric fan installed in my D24T+ic, using a two stage inline thermostatic switch. The switch is mounted in the coolant line coming from the head and going to the radiator.

Like so:

The problem is, my fan comes on too late because the thermostatic switch I have is too hot. The first stage clicks on at 92c, and the second at 105c, which when your sitting in traffic (and you need it most) is way up almost in the red on the temp gauge. This was not a problem when it was first installed, because it was winter and the fan hardly ever came on anyway, but now in the summer I have wired up a finger operated switch in the cabin and have just been watching the temps and controlling the fan myself.

This solution is undesirable, for several obvious reasons.

I would like to replace the inline switch with one that fits my temperature needs. Now comes to the question you've been waiting for:

What temp switch should I get?

Other switches I have been able to find first come on at 75c and 85c. I would like it to come on a little early because it sits far from the head itself, and it should preempt the temps. But I also don't want it running all the time.

Witch inline switch would you guys recommend getting to control an electric fan?

75c (on low) - 70c (off low), 82c(on high) - 77c(off high)

85c(on low) - 74(off low), 93c(on high) - 82c(off high)

Or is there another temp switch I should try and hunt down?

Thanks in advance!