View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Delivery pipes

These pictures are from the d24t greenbook manual and there is my primitive drawing of the face of the injection pump.
The numbers indicate cylinders /injectors as #1 for the front of the engine and #6 as the rear (firewall). It probably helps to successfully reconnect your pipes. If you look at the 1 o'clock position, that pipe is exactly for Cyl #1 then clockwise it is for #5 then #3 #6 #2 #4, which lines up with the firing order of the d24, 1-5-3-6-2-4 when you look at the front part of the injection pump.
Notice that pipes of cyl #1,2,3,4 all line up in this same order, from bottom towards the top/up; where the first/front clamp holds them secure, this is to the left side of the vacuum pump. The longest pipe is the one that runs to injector #1 at front of car, and so on... The greenbook picture shows it pretty well too.

D24t forum should improve a bit...!!!!...because real quality pictures cant be attached. This must be fixed before all members "leave" )

I hope someone can show it on a video that is well made (not like mine) , probably a bench motor without the vacuum pump would give the best view on angles.
i think d24 nonturbo cars used slightly differently shaped pipes but I can't confirm that 100% now. Only 99%.

The previously mentioned "exploded view" of the hard fuel pipes was actually taken of my d24 nonturbo so I wont even look for it now (it is midnight here)...
And the spare motors both have the cyl head off so I could only take this video for you. From a d24T engine...See below:
https://youtu.be/fMng7YiA4Dc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-07-12-22-59-57.jpg (7.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-07-12-23-00-10.jpg (40.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 07-12-2018 at 08:31 PM.